SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Annie's Song

I turned down an invitation to visit a friend at her house and instead took a late afternoon nap and then watched some TV. I guess it's that time of year for PBS to be fundraising and tonight's entertainment is the life and music of John Denver. I always thought he seemed a little dorky or something but I really liked some of his music.

So it's one song after another, with snippets of interviews with John, interspersed with interviews of friends and family remembering his life. Then they start giving an intro to "Annie's Song" and for some unknown reason I'm starting to cry. Kind of odd these days. I can't remember the last time I had spontaneous tears - three months ago?

Somewhere long ago in my past I must have listened to this song and associated it with Robin. They're not even talking about the lyrics yet and tears are running down my cheeks. The tears just continue right through the portion where John Denver talks about the day that he wrote it, and right through him singing it:

You fill up me senses like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert, like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses come fill me again.

Come let me love you, let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter, let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you, let me always be with you
Come let me love you, come love me again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home