SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tumbled

I spent the afternoon laying on the beach at Block Island with my friend Yani, gently dozing in-and-out of sleep. Years ago I couldn't have sat (or laid down) for so long at one stint without feeling bored but I seem to have the knack for it now!

I spent some time in the water riding waves into shore. Eventually one tumbled me in the surf so hard that I didn't know which way was up. Salt water went up my nose, and sand filled my shorts. It kind of felt like the last year and a half - tumbled and disoriented and then standing up and walking out of it.

(Later I re-entered the water to try to get that sand out - but no matter what I tried there always seemed to be some left!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home