SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Falling in Love (how ironic)

Well, yes. How ironic that I've developed all these dating 'analysis' skills, plus I've shied away from women who 'fell in love' with me - and yet here I am feeling intense emotions about someone I've just met.


Last night I had dinner with some friends and met a women who just seemed to make my head spin.


We chatted on and off during the evening and I kept finding myself touching her arm as we talked, and she returned the gesture. She seemed very bubbly and happy and I can't imagine what was going through my head. She has a British accent - how interesting! At the end of the evening she said to e-mail her if I wanted to get together sometime. Ummmm..yes, OK.


My only 'inoculation' against this feeling of "falling on love" is that I know it's not based on anything in reality. But boy, it sure feels good! I'm basically going with the flow. If I'm going to feel 'in love' then I may as well enjoy it even if it goes against my logical instincts! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home