SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Brennan's Sweet Desserts

At the conference I met another friend from many, many years ago. Somehow I couldn't help flirting with her until she indicated that maybe I was going a little too far considering she was married. Eek -guess I'm in new territory and exploring new boundaries!

Anyway, she did invite me out to dinner with a group of her coworkers who were headed to the French Quarter. We passed Brennan's which appeared to be closed, but soon turned around and went back there. What a wonderful restaurant! This is where Banana's Foster was created - if you're ever in New Orleans it's worth the trip!

We had a great time chatting over dinner. There was myself and one other fellow (who was shy) and four women. We talked about hobbies, relationships, things we'd done in life, things we were looking forward to doing. We ordered several different desserts and shared them around the table - Bananas Foster, Lemon Crepes, Bread Pudding. We had a blast!

Nothing could have been better than the parting comment from my friend at the end of the night. Just out of earshot of the group we hugged goodnight and she said to me "You were a hit with the ladies". :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home