SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dating on my own terms

This week I'm at an offsite team meeting - my four peers and I are meeting with management folks. Each morning as we're waiting for the meeting to begin I've been initiating conversations with a twenty-something woman who is on travel with her boss and staying at the same hotel. When I note to the two peers my age that I'm thinking about asking the woman out to dinner they're surprised - I've just chatted with this young lady a couple times and I would ask her out on a date? [Isn't this how datng is supposed to work?] The thought doesn’t make me nervous at all so they assume I have balls of steel. Not true - I simply seem to have discarded my own outmoded dating fears, expectations and preconceptions. Wow - the "dozen dates" really has changed the way I think and act!

The two older fellows on my team express surprise because this woman is so much younger than me - lol, it occurs to me that each of them has daughters in that age range.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home