SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Go with your gut

It used to be that at the end of a date if a woman was nervous I would assume she wasn't sure what to make of me - should we shake hands, hug, kiss? Nowadays if a woman seems nervous I don't give it much thought at all. Possibly she's not sure what to make of her feelings? Who knows - it's not my issue. I go with my gut. If she shies away from a kiss that's OK.

It's funny how our experiences can be colored by the meanings we give to things - after all we're the ones assigning the meaning. It seems like a lot of overhead trying to figure out what this-or-that means and then looking for clues that your perceptions are correct. What if we could all just stop thinking about what we're doing and just act from the heart - more like children? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home