SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chatterbox

Traveling is rife with opportunities to talk to strangers and I seem to have become quite the chatterbox. If it's me and one other person on the elevator then we'll be talking about something! For a few weeks it took some conscious effort, I was "practicing" conversations on purpose. But now it's happening without me even thinking about it. Pretty much it doesn't matter who it is - man, women, child, young, old - I'll talk to anyone. Well, this morning I did move a little more quickly to make sure I caught up with a woman who was boarding the elevator. It was one of those experiences where I thought "here's a beautiful young lady I'd like to speak with". Then we started chatting and she had one of the most nasally voices I've ever heard. It seems part of the excitement has been learning that my prejudices rarely align with the way people really are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home