SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

How's Robin?

Got a call today from one of Robin's old clients. They didn’t leave a message, but I recognized the number so I called back. They asked how Robin was doing. I'm thinking to myself ….not very well - she died 15 months ago!

I explained what had happened and that Robin had died in the previous year. (Well, at least Robin's no longer concerned about the cancer….) They caller had been afraid to call because they feared the worst. I guess intuitively they were right on that account…

In the past when I've gotten inquires I call people back right away. I don't think I can stand the idea of having to mull over the conversation to come. There's no way to chit-chat before going into it. I usually just start with "well, I've got some sad news" and then go right through the story.

I don't know if it’s bad or if it's good. It's still gets me choked up to tell the story. Tears in the eyes and all. I guess it's better than if the feelings had gone away....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home