SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Think like a child!

The last couple of months have been pretty busy. My meetings with Alex were getting to be once a month, partly due to scheduling and partly because there were some things I wanted to get done on my own - actions I wanted to achieve knowing that I'd worked them out myself.

These days we talk both about my issues and also about issues that I observe in other people. I'm at a point where I feel confident approaching people in public who I don’t know and beginning a conversation. Alex explained that everyone should be able to interact in that way but often issues such as self-esteem interfere. As he is apt to do lately, he pointed out that children rarely have difficulty approaching others to talk or to play. In an "aha" moment I said that must be because children haven't yet learned that there is supposed to be something "wrong" with them that interferes with their openness.

All the years we think we're "growing up" maybe we're just piling on negative behaviors. Maybe we'd be better off remembering how to "think like a child" once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home