SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Forget a lot of things?

I was thinking about something a co-worker had said years ago about marriage. He theorized that to make it work you had to *forget a lot of things*. At the time I had translated it to mean that it worked best if you learned not to get hung up on things that your spouse did.

Anyway, my train of thought had been that to get over loss you also had to "forget a lot of things". Mainly you had to forget about the painful periods and learn to dwell on the positive times before things went downhill. Well, maybe that's not it? Maybe you simply have to learn to accept things? Maybe that's the essence of what makes marriage work too - learning to accept things and not let your ego get in the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home