SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

things have changed

Some of the recent stabilization comes from changes in relationships. I was surprised last Winter to find myself in a relationship in which I could sense many of my tried and true dysfunctions but they just didn’t work for me anymore. The toughest part was wondering, "if I'm not the person I used to be then who am I now?" Before I could change I had to trust that there is a new me to experience. Kind of like a caterpillar coming out of a cocoon - things are drastically different, but then there are new adventures ahead.

It's tough to become aware of your dysfunctions and then still live with them. Guess now I'll have to develop new ones. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home