SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Massage On!

Well, this week I received another massage - good for me! (Thanks D!)

If you haven't gotten yours yet then what are you waiting for? :)

I guess my perception of touch and boundaries is a little different from the average person's because Robin was a licensed massage therapist for so many years. Having massage become a part of our everyday life was quite the blessing. It was quite normal for us to be sitting on the couch at the end of each day with me rubbing Robin's feet. Sometimes I'd just open my palms towards her, sometimes I just had to look at her, and she'd pop off her shoes and put her feet in my lap!

In contrast, she wasn't much into rubbing my feet while we sat on the couch. But contrary to any joking I may have done in the past (e.g. the cobblers kids have no shoes), I can't remember Robin ever turning me down when I asked for a massage. I used to always fall asleep about halfway through. I always explained that it was the greatest compliment to her abilities! ;)

Well, I hadn't realized how much I missed giving massage until a friend recently allowed me to give them a foot rub and a full body massage. Later I was trying to explain to another friend what it was like for me but I hesitated, lost for words. She interjected "it must have been a healing experience for you", and I said "those are exactly the words I was looking for!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home