SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Biking's back

I have continued to bike and I've have been doing more rides with the local bike club. It's nice to get out with folks who have a common interest, and it's also a good way to meet folks who bike at about the same speed. On short rides it's easy to adapt styles and speeds to partners so it doesn't make much difference. On longer rides (e.g. 1/2 day rides) it's nice to find folks who go about the same speed - so everyone gets a workout! :)

From watching bike racing it's obvious everyone has different abilities. My strength seems to be hills, but I'm not as fast on the flats. If I can keep up with someone on the flats then I usually go up hills faster than them. However, if I'm biking with someone who has an equal pace going up hills then they tend to drop me (leave me the dust) on the flats.

It makes it a little harder to find a comparable biking buddy, but I'm working on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home