SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Biking Again

I've started biking again and today I attended a local club ride. I knew that one of the attendees would be someone who had heard about Robin's sickness last year. On the way to the event I considered both possibilities - that she knew about the whole story, or that she wasn't aware how things had turned out. This was someone we had biked with a just a few times over the past four years.

I arrived at the rendezvous point late, got my stuff together and rode over to the gathering bikers. I spotted the acquaintance and as we said "hi" I could see her mind working out the recognition of who I was and how we knew one another. She smiled and asked "How's Robin doing". Oh man.

Even preparing ahead of time the words don't always flow so smoothly out of my mouth. I'm sure I said something goofy and mangled, but I managed to convey that Robin had passed away last Winter.

My friend frowned a little bit but then smiled and said "let's dedicate this ride to Robin".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home