SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

First Date #7

Whew - this one started interesting. I had offered to meet for dinner at 5:30 or 6:00pm. She decided to split the difference and chose 5:45pm. Then she explained that she usually runs late so I jokingly offered that maybe we should say 5:45 but just plan on 6pm. She said no, she'd be there on time.

That's what I was thinking about at 6:10pm when she finally called to tell me she was running late but would be there soon. I thought "Would I want to spend the rest of my life waiting for this woman to arrive?" I figured this warranted at least a yellow flag - you think she'd make an extra effort for the first date! After she arrived the conversation was all red flags left and right. She talked about relationships and what 'personal violations' warranted yelling and screaming at your significant other. She was the second 40-year old I'd met who had simply been married for one year in her twenties. Apparently a second marriage hadn't been in the cards yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home