SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

First Date #4 (1st Internet date)

Well, this was the first date generated through an Internet site. We'd talked early in the week and picked a place and time for Saturday. She noted that we could touch base later in the week to confirm. Overall I wasn't really impressed with her but I needed to start racking up the date count - so I'm going!

Saturday morning I realized we hadn't spoken again, so I sent an e-mail about meeting later in the day. I could have called but I suppose I was nervous enough just about going and not overly excited about the meeting. I arrived early and hung-out but she's a no show. It's a coffee place with games so I sit at a table and assemble an impossible jigsaw puzzle while I sip my coffee. It's a picture of a harbor with small sailboats and *lots* of blue sky. Guess that owl puzzle experience is now paying off! After about twenty minutes I decide to head out. I've got my bicycle in the car and I'm planning on going for a bike ride.

I wonder "Do I get credit for a First Date?" You bet I do - I showed up at the right place at the right time. On my way to the car my phone rings and I let it roll over to voicemail. She leaves a message that since we hadn't confirmed she assumed I'd lost interest, but just got my e-mail. Hmmm…I wouldn't have assume that. If I wasn't sure I would have initiated a call myself. I feel a little uncomfortable - like someone winning a game on a technicality since I'm counting this as a first date.

We never would setup another meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home