SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Devious stares in my direction

There's a song Robin and both liked which has a great riff and these lines:

Hanging 'round
Downtown by myself
And I had so much time
To sit and think about myself
And then there she was
Like double cherry pie
Yeah, there she was
Like disco superfly

I smell sex and candy here
Who's that lounging in my chair?
Who's that casting devious stares in my direction?
Mama, this surely is a dream

So these days I'm starting to catch stares from women I don't know. At first I thought it was an anomaly. Then as I stood in Starbucks waiting for my vanilla latte, looking into someone else's eyes at the other end of the store, I started to realize it's all your perspective. If you're thinking about your day, your job, your home life then you're probably just not going to have your head up and be open to a little eye flirtation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home