SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

First Date 6.1

Wow - I actually made it to a second date! We met at her house and went for a hike. Her ten year old son would be coming home in the afternoon so we had a fixed amount of time to hike, have lunch and be wrapped up. The main thing I recall reading about dating as a single parent was that you should strive to not expose your children to the folks you are dating until you're sure: (1) that the person you're dating is OK, and (2) that they will be around for a while.

So I was a bit surprised when I knew lunch was going slow and I suggested a couple of times we start heading back but I was repeatedly assured that we had plenty of time. Then I find as we're driving back that we're definitely late and she's calling the Dad to change the drop-off time. I noted that if we all arrived at the same time then I would just get in my car and go, and as luck would have it we did all end up in the driveway simultaneously. Well, Dad never got out of the car but he did stay parked in the driveway for longer than necessary - I suppose sizing me up.

The driveway event could have been written off as chance, but then there were all the other red flags in the stories she'd told about her marriage. Well, it was interesting to have made it to a second date! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home