SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Changed

The power company came down the street today and parked across from the house. There's an empty lot across the street that's full of huge trees which grow up around the power lines. These workers were professional tree trimmers. They hacked huge limbs off the trees piece by piece. I thought that if someone were to drive down the street after the trimmers had been here, they wouldn't have really noticed the trees had been decimated, shredded. To passers-by the trees may have looked a little unbalanced, but for the most part it would be hard to imagine how their structure had changed. The tree will carry the scars and memories of today until it dies. I feel the same way. No new folks that I meet could imagine how I'm different than I used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home