SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Hope you had the time of your life

I felt the need to get away for a few days so I extended a business trip and planned a weekend at the beach in Florida. The purpose was to find some solo time for reflection. I have found it all too easy to fill my time with all kinds of activities. Sometimes I wonder if I'm distracting myself from dealing with things or if I'm just getting back to living.

Upon arriving in Orlando I picked up a rental car and headed out to the East coast. Leaving the airport I was already feeling swelling emotions and teary eyes when I came upon a toll booth. I wondered what the collector was going to think of this teary-eyed guy driving up to the booth - then I realized I was wearing sunglasses - today I'd look like everyone else.

Just through the toll booth a song started to play on the radio. At Robin's massage school graduation a young man had sung the song while playing an acoustic guitar. I figured it was no coincidence, I was just me connecting with the universe once a again.

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) lyrics by Greenday

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home