SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Long distance insights

One of the reasons I'd embarked on this trip was to figure out why I was finding that (emotionally) my current significant relationship shared many of the same characteristics as my relationship to Robin had. Pulling into the hotel parking lot I realized that many of the feelings I was having in the relationship were simply feelings, expectations, obligations that I created and imposed upon myself. I suddenly felt free of these thoughts and feelings knowing that I'd created them.

Here I'd planned the trip for weeks. I'd traveled all day to get to the beach, and in a flash of insight I'd resolved one of the larger issues in my current life. It sure would be easier if I could learn to gain these insights at home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home