SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Concentration and focus

Last Spring I spent a lot of time vegetating - watching TV and playing video games. I tried my hand at one race car game but I couldn't get past the first level. The most frustrating part was that eight year olds were probably through this level after playing for a few minutes. At the time I couldn't figure out why I couldn’t advance. Now I've picked up the game again a year later. Suddenly I'm able to think strategy and try different tactics. I select different cars for races based on the cars characteristics (acceleration, cornering, braking) and the shape of the track. Now I advance levels quickly. Last year I couldn’t get past the initial three tracks, now I'm up to track eighteen in a couple of weeks.

I think we probably all have a certain amount of time we can be focused each day. We have productive periods and we have time that we need to rest. My daily period of productivity is still not what it used to be, but it's much improved.

I don't know for sure what was missing last year, but I do know my ability to focus on the current issue, concentrate for longer time periods and to solve problems is much improved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home