SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Mental "Weeding"

Today I did yard work in the afternoon - I cut the grass and weeded the gardens around the house. It occurred to me that the writing I have done about the past is a kind of "mental weeding". As "anniversaries" come around I spend time thinking about where we were last year, writing about it, and somehow gaining some more healing. I don't know if it's all about letting the feelings go, or if it's simultaneously a way to relive and reprocess them. I'm happy to have reached the point where the blog began. I feel like I've been in a new phase of my life for some time now - I think that's another reason why I'm loosing the impetus to write about the past

As I complete the gardening and put things away I can see the spot where the sunflowers stood. This summer I haven't allowed anything else to take root there, but today I decide that I'll spread Echinacea seeds there in the Fall.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your wife. I stumbled upon your blog. I will be praying for you tonight. Stay Strong! God bless!

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg,

A friend of mine just recently lost her neighbor to breast cancer. She was 36 and leaves behind a husband and 2 children. I have encouraged her to pass along the blog to Bret as he is now dealing with the grieving process. As he stated, he feels like there is a gaping hole in his life. This blog will help so many people in so many different ways. Thanks for continuing to share this journey with all of us.

Be well,
Gail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home