SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

2006 Surgery follow-up

So, there we were meeting the local surgeon for follow-up the week after surgery. He checked out the stitches in her gums and checked her nasal passages. We talked about the diagnosis - it had been five days since surgery and the Pathology folks still did not have a definitive answer, though "they were leaning toward undifferentiated" - ick - I had memorized all the different types of sinonasal cancer and I knew this was the worst. I knew that this would be bad news if it were confirmed.

When Robin and I got home she asked me to get the journal article on sinonasal cancers and to read about SNUC. I fished around, found the paper, looked at. Then I said, "you know what since they haven't decided what it is, why focus on any one type right now." Robin agreed - why worry about something that was not yet definite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home