SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

2006 - good news, bad news

We finished that weekend relieved that we had a plan - we were going to see a local physician Tuesday, and I would also call Beth Israel to see about a consult in the city. I don’t know what we would have done without the support that we were already receiving from friends and family!

On Monday I called Beth Israel, explained our situation and asked if we could see the Director of Head and Neck Surgery/Oncology. The person put me on hold for a moment. She returned and said, the doctor can see you on Wednesday night at 8pm, could we be there? Of course we could!
So there was the start of good news/bad news. It was good news that we could get an appointment in two days. I also took it as bad news that we could get an appointment in two days with a surgeon at such a high level.

That Wednesday night we were ushered into an exam room. Two fellows entered and I knew neither was the Director of Head and Neck Surgery (I'd seen his photo). I asked if we would actually get to meet with the Director himself. One of the gentlemen stated, "of course". He explained they were part of the surgical team. He introduced himself as the Director of Maxillofacial Surgery, and his partner, the physician in charge of the Prosthodontics (surgical implants). He went on to explain that they had been leaving the office when they were made aware of Robin's case and they wanted to see her.

I thought to myself, "Oh great, more good news/bad news".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home