SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Got my balance back

The morning's rain faded and we began to see small patches of blue sky until the rain ended entirely and we finished under sunny skies. After everyone in the group had showered and change their clothes Heidi encouraged us to sit by the finish line and cheer arriving cyclists.

I continued with stretching and at one point squatted to stretch the muscles in my legs. Just then Heidi passed by, she put a hand on my shoulder and pushed (intending to knock me into the grass) saying "let's see how good Greg's balance is". I wobbled backwards then forwards and then settled back into the squat position. I've got my balance back!

In the last two weeks my smile, my laugh and my balance have returned - for what more could you ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home