SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Off on an Adventure!

The week chosen for surgery in July 2006 was also the week when Robin and I had signed up for a bicycle tour in upstate New York. Once Robin's surgery was scheduled I contacted the tour organizer and cancelled our reservations.

This year when I started riding with a local club I met several people who had done the bicycle tour last year and who are doing it again this year. These new friends helped coax me into signing up for this year's ride, even though I felt under-prepared and I was concerned about back pain for which I'd been doing physical therapy this past Spring.

It wasn't until several days after I signed up for this year's ride that I realized this is exactly when life "went off the rails" last year. Rather than having a sense that I'm doing the bicycle tour to recreate some experience from the past, I know I've signed up this time for a new adventure.

I guess I’m just picking up where things left off… :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home