SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Contacts

My reintroduction to the world has been pretty controlled, and still pretty limited. Some folks I just couldn’t call for the longest periods of time. Sometimes the people who were closest to Robin and myself are the hardest to talk to because I feel that talking to them will bring back the grieving and memories.

That really hasn’t proven *completely* true (only partly true!). It’s actually been a relief to recently talk to some family members and find that the conversations often are focused on what’s going on in my life now, and what’s going on in theirs.

During the last few months I have sought out situations to meet new people and make new friends. There is some small sense of relief to meet someone and just be myself in the present - a blank slate. My past and my history unknown. I guess it gives me a chance to be just Greg, after twenty years of being part of “Greg and Robin”.

It feels weird sometimes. It feels different. But I’m still here and I’m seeking out new experiences, and I’m still growing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home