SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fashion police

My fashion sense had always been pretty limited. My color palette ranged from dark blue through dark red to dark green - pretty adventurous! Robin used to shop for me sparingly knowing that if a color didn’t suit my taste then the offending piece of clothing would hang in the closet until it disintegrated off the hangar. She used to marvel at the fact that in the instances when I went to the clothing store myself, I would come home with something that color-wise matched everything in my closet!

I wasn't as surprised. I figured when you only choose from three colors it's hard not to have everything match. It's like Garanimals for the adult male. ;)

So it's been quite a surprise to me that color no longer seems to be an issue when shopping for clothing. In fact I'm surprised that I kind of like to wear bright red shirts, or swim trunks with wild patterns on them. Who cares what you're wearing when life is so short?

Now I'm just having to learn that there are some combinations (e.g. a bright red shirt and neon green shorts) that really *don't* work! If I'm not careful I'm going to be picked up by the fashion police.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick someone call TLC's "What Not to Wear"!!!

xoxo
Nifer :-)

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wilbur O'Donnell would be proud. He was a bright spot to everyone, and I don't mean just his personality. Trice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home