SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Stressed?

We're probably not stressed in the way you think.

On Wednesday I wrote about how our society doesn’t seem to often use the words related to death. Well, around our house we've had a lot of practice the last couple of weeks. When Robin was in the hospital we talked about what happens after death, and since we've been home she has even had occasion to ask visitors what they think.

Pretty much we're not focused on dying, but Robin's teaching us to focus each day on living. We don't know how much time she has left, but we don't know how much time anyone of us has left. At the end of each day I ask if she has had a good day and she invariably says yes. Sometimes we'll leave it at that, and other times we'll talk about what made it a good day! :)

Robin said that even in the toughest days of her treatment in New York, she would find one positive thing that had happened during the day and she would keep going back to that memory to keep herself going.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg & Robin,

I sent a private email to Robin's email account.

Thanks,
Gail

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg and Robin, My Mom and I where remembering the time you both went up to our Camp in the Adirondacks and had the adventure of moving a dock, not always in the direction we wanted it to go due to some strange currents, but yet the journey was in our memory as a positive one..I know Mom(Gail) has been trying to post this not sure if it got through...Julia
The journey in the link of the care giver is one that is in my memory as I remember my Father in Law and how he trusted me and wanted me to help him in his last days...his big hugs winks and kisses still visit my mind..many hugs and kisses..and thanks for taking time to keep us up to date with you both

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,

You continue to be an inspiration for people - who are at all levels of health! You continue to be a great healer! You are much loved.

Teri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home