SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Arrived home Thursday

Robin arrived home Thursday! She was momentarily delayed at the hospital when our car wouldn't start. We have such great support that we didn't need our car anyway, we were able to make a call and our friend Denise showed up within minutes to pick us up and take us home - thanks Denise!

Leaving the hospital turned out to be more emotional than we expected. I think we both felt relieved that Robin would finally be sleeping in her own bed, but I think we also recognized that we were consciously leaving the environment where the clinical staff do everything to help people be "cured of their ills". Not that Robin couldn't change her mind in the future and request more treatment, but the decision to accept hospice wasn't made lightly so it seems it would be difficult mentally to switch back.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least now you can sleep in your own bed ;-) I think it's time for some new Hello Kitty pj's and a fresh coat of polish on those tippy-toes

My thoughts are with you guys....
xoxo
Cousin Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home