SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

This dying thing (one tough cookie)

Robin took a shower before bed and as she was sitting down to dry off (she's a little tipsy these days) she said she felt it was important to "get this dying thing right". I said I thought "she would do it perfectly right" and her reply was that "there probably isn't a wrong way to do it".

She is typically on the couch all day long and hasn't been eating much. She is doing much better than last week as she only had the dry heaves once today, but she does take heavy duty pain medication several times during the day. Every once in a while she talks about her plans to start doing walks and getting her strength up - though just having visitors the last three days has wiped her out. In fact, she has said we should hold off on visitors until she gets stronger and has (with a smile) called me the "task master" for having so many people visit. I said I prefer to think of myself as her "cruise director". :)

As she climbed into bed she asked how long the hospice folks will support us and I said as long as we desire. Then she said "six months, a year, two years". Then she laughed and rolled her eyes saying "I guess I’m being optimistic!".

I tell her she's "one tough cookie".

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin and Greg,
I just wanted you to know I am here for both of you! You are tough cookies and an inspiration to all of us!! I love you both.
Connie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home