SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

More change - toilet tissue

As we have more visitors in the house I find there's more change for me to handle.

Robin and I have had a running joke for at least the last ten years. Long ago she took the position that the toilet paper roll should be mounted with the paper rolling off the bottom. It took me years to change and I finally start mounting it that way. I guess I felt it would help us to achieve a higher level of harmony in our marriage ;)

A couple of months later she started mounting it with the paper rolling off the top. I pointed out this radical change to her one day and said that she had spent so many years convincing me to have the paper roll off the bottom that I couldn't go back. So ever since, whenever she mounts a roll of toilet paper the "new way" I go ahead and change it back so it rolls off the bottom (after all there's only so much you can do to support harmony!)

This has become a major challenge with all the visitors in the house. They think they're being helpful by "fixing" the rolls and changing them so the paper rolls off the top (as if they were mounted incorrectly!).

They've got me outnumbered so I think for now I'll just go with the flow.

But I think sometime in the future when it's just up to me I'm going to mount them the old way. Not to be stubborn, but just as a little reminder to me each day…

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having the lead end on top makes the most sense. That way the end is easier to find and you won't have to roll it around to find it.

Altho, if you want challenge people, then the bottom would be the way.

Larry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home