SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

How to handle chemo…

Have friends paint your toenails! :)

Yesterday we had some visitors including Connie, Sharon and Ed. Connie was on a mission to brighten up Robin's toes! Robin had some tea, relaxed and got to hear Connie tell some wild stories!

In a show of empathy, Dad signed right up for toenail painting! Which he said made him feel special! At least, he said, it's not beach weather right now in Florida so no one will know when he gets back home. We've been told that Robin will loose her hair again and Dad said he wanted to give a sign of his support - maybe he was hoping to get it in before it came to shaving his head?! :)


The visit (just over an hour) was quite a lot for Robin. She's resting so much right now that having visitors can really wipe her out. I'm hoping her energy level will start picking up soon. She hasn't experienced much in the way of side effects yet, but the clinical folks said the effects would peak after about seven days (this coming Thursday). Between the possible side effects and her weakened immune system, she won't have too many vistors this week.
Here are the painted toes - Dad in the foreground and Robin with the Hello Kiity PJs:

5 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin:

Great "Hello Kitty" jammies! I miss you SO much. You've been in my thoughts so much lately, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Susan W. (your massage client)

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg and Robin,

It looks like we might make it up to NY for New Year's. Based on Robin's chemo schedule, might she be up for a short visit from me (Gail) and maybe Rachael. I have been waiting to call since I know Robin started chemo back up and the exhaustion that the treatment brings. I hope we can get a chance to connect.

We are continuing to pray (Paul and I) along with all our friends and their prayer groups for your continued strength.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Be well,
Gail

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did Greg sign up for toenail painting? Greg and Robin - you are in my prayers - keep that positive attitude, it works wonders
(Pat W)

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Greg and Robin,

Those toenails look great!!Keep up that healthy spirit. You are a great inspiration to all of us.

All the best...

Kavitha

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,
It was my pleasure to paint your toes!! I hope it brightened your day, as it did mine.
Love,
Connie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home