SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mental Weeks

It seems like the last two weeks have been the most mentally and emotionally draining period of the journey so far.

Wednesday morning I called the oncologist's office and let them know about the swelling of Robin's right cheek. The nurse I spoke with noted that they already planned to have Robin sign "chemo" consent forms Friday so she could start next week. I asked why they weren't waiting for all the tests to be complete (the CAT scan isn't until tonight at 5pm) but the nurse didn't know. Then I asked if they could plan to start chemo Friday - not just get the forms signed. Turns out they could start chemo tomorrow (Thursday)!

I thought Robin would be excited to hear the news, but she asked me the same question, "why do we no longer need all the testing information?". Plus, we haven't yet talked to the doctor about side effects of the chemo and the pros-and-cons. The doctor had wanted all the tests done before we talked about these things. Robin settled on agreeing to meet the doctor Thursday to ask questions before she decides what to do next.

In the meantime, Robin's pain level varies. She usually feels stiff sitting down or standing up. We usually get her out of the house for a trip once a day - either for tests, or to the store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home