SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Socks Off

The last few days while driving I've been catching songs on the radio like "Live Like You Were Dying". This portion of the message resonates pretty deeply with me these days. e.g.:

"And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter, And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying."

Today as I walked from the car to the house I looked down the street and saw children playing. I stopped on my front porch and texted Dawn "(Smooch)". A few minutes later when I check e-mail it appears that at the same instant I was texting her, she was sending me an e-mail. Coincidence? Nah, this stuff happens all the time. For the past ten years (for the most part) I've lived the life of Wu Wei - go with the flow - and not only have positive things come my way, but there's a synchronicity about events. I've been dating Dawn for three months now and she's found the same type of synchronicity beginning to happen in her life. Whether she attributes it to being around me she doesn't say, actually though, I think it's something that begins to happen when you start to radiate an energy of happiness and acceptance.

I haven't written much about this most recent relationship. I'd made a few notes in March but then held off. Back then I had been interested in knowing: (1) what would I be like in a new relationship, and (2) what depth of connection would I find with another person. Even with the the Wei Wu attitude, I'm surprised at how well things are going. I recall at one point telling friends that the word 'soulmate' seems one dimensional when I think about how well Dawn and I relate. For a guy who had become so judgmental about what he didn't want in a relationship, and who'd become so selective about who he'd even date twice - this experience has knocked my socks off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home