SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gramsy

My friend Julia's ninety-one year old grandmother enrolled in hospice the other day. I went to see them, walked in and gave her grandmother a kiss on the forehead. She mumbled something about germs and I said 'oh I didn't mean to give you anything', and she said no, she didn't want to give me something.

We sat and chatted for a bit and Gramsy passed along to us some of the wisdom that she'd gathered over the years - including "people don't change, if things are not working out you need move on to someone new."

Later Julia said Gramsy never let's anyone kiss her and she doesn't know how I got away with it. :)

On the way out of the hospital Julia and I chatted for a while with teary eyes about life, death and hospice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home