SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

that next passionate kiss

I sensed recently that friends are getting tired of my 'dating kaleidoscope'. Someone will ask "How are things with Linda" and I'll reply "You mean Wendy? That didn't go anywhere. Oh, oh - you mean before Wendy - Linda - yeah, that didn't go anywhere either. Later this week I have a date with Janice - we'll see where that goes."

Whereas I used to be focused a lot on dating, Over the Winter I did shift to just getting out and having fun with friends. I skied about a dozen times this year - probably the most I've skied in fifteen years. I've been just as apt to make time to meet with old friends and new friends as I am to seek out the next date.

Even though I'm having fun getting out and doing things and meeting new people I can sense a little frustration about dating in general. I know finding "someone I'd like to keep seeing" may take time. In early February to keep focused on the future I wrote on a pad of paper on the kitchen counter "I can't wait for that next passionate kiss."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home