SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Needs being met

I was talking to Alex yesterday and noted that I don't seem to have the same drive to date anymore. Not that I'm avoiding opportunities but activities like internet dating don't have the same draw. I pretty much do group activities a couple times a week where I'm meeting up with old friends and making new ones. I'm out at the airport pretty regularly flying or giving instruction. I've been skiing about once a week. Alex noted that "as humans we all have some amount of need for social interaction and it sounds like mine's being met".

I've also recently felt the familiar sense of a phase shift. My trip out to San Diego in late January marked the end of a phase. Maybe I'm not being reflective enough but I wasn't really sure what the phase was about in December/January. These days I do seem to prefer to simply meet new (women) friends rather than have a focus on finding a date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home