SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gastronomic excess

On a business trip to D.C. this week. I know coworkers who are in town, as well as hometown friends who are in D.C. We're planning a week of gastronomic excess since my hometown friend Laura used to live in D.C. and loves dining out at nice restaurants! Tonight a coworker and I had dinner at Filomena in Georgetown (Italian - excellent!) then we explored the neighborhood around the hotel to locate other restaurants. We ended up having a drink at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse overlooking Reagan National Airport - what a night time view from the top floor with the airport to the right and the Washington Monument to the left. We talked about relationships - I described my dozen first dates experience and she talked about her dating experience with her husband whom she met in her thirties. Since I jettisoned many of the self-designed rules about what you can talk to friends about, life has become much more interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home