SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Monday, December 01, 2008

All this work?

So I've been wondering why I have been doing all this work? Why have I been focused on dating? Have I been trying to "jump start" my life again? What am I searching for?

I recall one way to prepare for the future and give yourself direction was to close your eyes and imagine your future. Say you wanted to buy a house, then you'd imagine it in as much detail as possible. Imagine the surrounding land and neighborhood, the style of the house, the color, the garage, the driveway. Then imagine walking in the front door, what color are the walls, are the floors carpeted or hardwood? How is it decorated? What's the kitchen look like, and so on. By imaging all the details you establish what the future looks like and you then have an end goal to work toward. So I wonder if that works for relationships too…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home