SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Making myself laugh

This is what makes me laugh these days. I've spent the summer doing internet dating and also meeting new folks socially. I was thinking it would be nice to have a date this weekend. I thought about getting on a dating site but instead just wrote to a young lady I've met briefly twice at social dinners and suggested the two of us go out sometime. The funny thing. Once I thought of it there was no hesitation. There was no second guessing - "what would it mean to ask her out". There was no "what-if" she declines, or "we don't hit it off". I just thought of it, wrote an e-mail and sent it off. Then headed to the kitchen to get a bite to eat and started laughing out loud (really loudly) about the new me. I guess part of me has lost some of the "mental burdens" that one might associate with dating. It also seems that the distinction between "dating" and "meeting friends" is beginning to blur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home