SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Spooning

I was in the movie theater this evening. One scene in the movie showed the female main character curled up in a hospital bed and the male lead climbs in and "spoons" in behind her. My eyes were full of tears as the scene instantly brought back reminders of all the times I'd done this with Robin in the city, and in our hometown.

In New York City we had bought a portable DVD player and I had opened a Blockbuster account at the store across the street from the hospital. We'd have movie nights where I'd climb into bed next to her - very slowly, taking care not to pull on her IV line.

Anyway, it was weird to have been transported back so clearly to those moments. Any onlooker would have thought "wow, what an impressive movie scene" for the impact it seemed to be having on me.

1 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home