SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Stress?

It's not like I don't have things in my life which cause stress, but the way I experience stress isn't the same anymore. Almost like, "if it's not the end of the world then why get overly worked up about it"?

In the Spring I avoided hills when biking. Anytime a bike buddy suggested a hilly route I'd whine about it. Even after the bike vacation where we went up and over some incredible hills, I'd still point out if a day trip had hills in it. I wondered, why am I still worried about hills? Haven't I had enough practice this summer? That's when I started looking forward to them…

Now when I think about doing something new in my life, if any flags come up it makes me wonder why I have any hesitation. Instead of slowing me down, now when I feel some trepidation about something it seems to draw me toward it to see what there is to learn there.

Chinese fortune from a couple of weeks ago:
"Many a false step is made by standing still."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home