SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Dirty laundry

Although I cleaned the house a couple of weeks ago it gets messy pretty fast. You know those teenagers whose rooms are covered in clothes? Well, I'm not bad! But there are clothes hanging on the banister; there's bike stuff in piles on the floor in the living room (jackets, shoes, socks, etc.); there are white socks littering a corner of the living room. In the kitchen there is a pile of sticky notes on the counter - all reminders to myself about various things. I haven't had a visitor in the house in months so it never seems like a big deal. This week I left the wash basket in the dining room which made it an easier target. It seems that on laundry day I have to walk through the entire house to fill the basket. I mentioned the disorganization to my sister a while ago and she said not to worry, no one would be surprised to find a mess in a house where a guy was living. It wouldn't be so surprising to me but I used to be quite a bit more organized. I don't know if this is a phase I'm going through, or just a temporary way of living on my own. :)

Luckily I have settled back into cleaning, so it's pretty easy to do a quick five minute pickup to get things looking normal again!

2 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: dirty laundry

I think you're just sorting out what's really important to you in your life and how you want to organize your life now.

M

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: dirty laundry

I think you're just sorting out what's really important to you in your life and how you want to organize your life now.

M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home