SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

MVY (Martha's Vineyard)

Whew! What a perfect day - this makes two excellent days this week! Although my sleeping habits have been getting better, I still don't usually go to bed before 11:30pm. Now I've had two days this week in which everything was so fun, relaxing, and perfect that I arrive home feeling like the day is complete. I brush my teeth and I'm ready for bed by ten (which is actually a little early for me!)

Today Julia and I met at 9:00am, flew an hour-and-a-half and were having lunch in Edgartown by 11:30am. We hung out on the beach until 5pm, then had dinner (fresh seafood!) and headed home. We had front row seats to watch the sunset and then we picked up a clearance to climb and we flew in and out of the clouds at 6,000ft for a little while. For a first time flier Julia was great! She said the flight was much smoother than she expected and I was less busy than she expected (well, after leveling off in cruise the autopilot takes care of the flying). It was all pretty great except I think she needs a little more time to get comfortable with being inside clouds. Overall, she seems ready to go again - and next time we'll get Yani to come along!

Got two pictures before the camera went on the fritz (note to self - don't take the camera to the sandy beach):


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home