SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Short List

When I first started to see Alex the counselor last Fall I would basically go in and talk about what was going on that week. Mostly he listened, but if I ran out of things to say he would ask questions which would prompt me to think. It was very rare for him to give advice, more often he'd make an observation or share a pertinent story that might shed light on my situation. His primary function seemed to be to let me talk. Later I evolved to writing down questions between meetings and we'd go over the list when we met. The last time we met it had been a month since I'd seen him. My list of discussions topics was pretty short. I noted to him that I still come up with questions, I've just learned to answer them myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home