SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dreams change

While we were at the circus I spoke with a mother of one of the performers. We talked about flying and she noted her father had been building his own experimental airplane but at seventy-eight years old and after having had heart surgery be had to sell the partially built aircraft. She said "It was a really hard dream for him to give up".

I suppose throughout our lives dreams come and go. Some we decide to let go and they fade away quietly, others are taken from us abruptly by the forces of nature. I think in the end the important thing is that we recognize them for what they are - the sum of our own desires, wishes and longings. We're still here. We're still going. There's certainly some period of time for which it's healthy to mourn losses. I think maybe a time for us to feel like we're still saying goodbye. In the end we don't forget about the dreams - they become part of our mental snapshots of where we were, who we were, and what we did.

When all is said and done the rest of the universe is still moving forward, and as long as we're here on the planet there's still time for new dreams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home