SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Attachment Disorder

Alex often makes observations about people's relationship skills based on some knowledge that's not visible to me.

I started looking around Wikipedia for information about "Human Bonding" (no not bondage!) which then led to a link about "Attachment Disorder". Attachment Disorder results when a child is not exposed to sensitive, responsive social interactions with an adult who remains as a consistent caregiver for some time. Later in life (as adults) the disorder may manifest itself as either an inhibition to form attachments (reactive attachment disorder), or the opposite, an uninhibited style of interacting with others (disinhibited attachment disorder). Basically the child has developed models of human interaction which may not support the development of positive interpersonal relationships.

Hmmm…some of the qualities of these disorders seem to be the same qualities upon which Alex comments. This better explains to me why some people act in certain ways, and why I might misinterpret their actions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home