SNUC_in_NY

My late wife's journey with SinoNasal Undifferentiated Carcinoma (SNUC), and my subsequent journey as a grieving widower finding my way back to life.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Accepting relationships for what they are…

Recently I'd recognized that other people have different views, different models of the world - like when I noted that some people don’t desire (or don't have the skills to maintain) a long-term relationship.

As Julia, Yani and I returned from a weekend in New York City another thought dawned on me. I turned to Julia and said "I think both you and Alex have tried to explain that you can't plan up front what a given relationship will be like - how long it will last, how deep it will become."

She said yes and I went on "I think I finally got it. I can't predict where a relationship will go because my partners may have different motivations, different intentions."

All we can do is be open to new relationships and enjoy them for what they are, rather than getting hung up on what they could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home